The University of California, Santa Barbara
The University of California, Santa Barbara offers a world class education in a picturesque seaside location set against the backdrop of the Santa Ynez Mountains. UC Santa Barbara students are part of an academic community that is ranked among the top research and teaching institutions in the United States. The UCSB faculty includes five Nobel Prize winners and many other award-winning scholars. UCSB is a mid-sized university of approximately 20,000 students.
The 1,022-acre campus is located on the Pacific Ocean about 100 miles north of Los Angeles. Removed from urban distractions, the campus provides a place where students can choose from many cultural, educational, recreational, and social activities in a friendly, student-centered environment.
UC Santa Barbara presents opportunities for students to learn, contribute, and grow in an academic setting of unmatched beauty, and in a supportive and collaborative intellectual climate that prepares students for the challenging and rapidly changing environment of the twenty-first century.
Directions to UCSB
Directions to UCSB from Santa Barbara Airport
Directions to UCSB from U.S. Highway 101
Directions to UCSB from Los Angeles Intl. Airport
- Take Santa Barbara Airbus, directly from LAX to Goleta (the city UCSB locates)
Directions to UCSB by Railway
- Amtrak railway is another good way to arrive UCSB, both from North (San Jose direction) or South (Los Angeles direction).
- Goleta Amtrak station is very close to UCSB. See detail information here.
- Some of routes may not stop at Goleta station, then Santa Barbara Amtrak station will be an alternative. See detail information here.
- Amtrak schedule can be found on www.amtrak.com
Campus Maps and Parking
Local Area Hotels
- Best Western South Coast Inn
- Ramada Inn - Goleta
- Fess Parkers Doubletree Resort
- Radisson Santa Barbara
- Bacara Resort and Spa
- Pacifica Suites
- Other lodging options...